1748276 Members
4056 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML530, ML530 G2 and IRC

Michael Davis_4
Occasional Contributor

ML530, ML530 G2 and IRC

We run SCO Openserver 5 on ML530 G2 servers. One of the features we particularly like is the Integrated Remote Console.

Now that the ML530 has been replaced by the G2 version, this feature seems to have been removed.

Am I missing something or has it really gone for good? Is there an alternative way to achieve the same functionality?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Mik
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Davis_4
Occasional Contributor

Re: ML530, ML530 G2 and IRC

Apologies. When I fed the right query to the search page, it told me the answer (IRC has been removed from all G2 products).

So my question simply becomes the rather hopeful "does anyone know a way to replicate this functionality?"

I suspect that unfortunately the answer will be "no" :-(
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

What functionality are you looking for? Are you lookin for a way to change the features in the Rom Based Setup? I would recommend taking a look at the "Bios Serial Console":
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/management/smartstart/bios-serialconsole.pdf
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Michael Davis_4
Occasional Contributor

Not particularly (although I have used IRC for that in the past).

IRC also gave the ability to reboot (and power cycle) the server remotely which has proven very useful on occasion.

The new "remote serial console" should give part of what I need in that I can take over the console from another location (I haven't investigated the new RSC too deeply yet since this server is still very new to us) but the remote reboot would also be useful.