1753818 Members
8991 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML530 Tower Cover Removal

Peter Onyszkow_2

ML530 Tower Cover Removal

HELP. (Please)

We have an ML530 G2 Tower which we are about to insert into a compaq rack using the appropriate racking kit.

My question is how on earth do we get the covers off the tower in order to atach the racking rails?

I have scoured the HP support sites, internet and various other Forii (is that the correct plural of Forum?) to no avail. My contact at HP in the UK advises me that there is a "Tower to rack kit conversion manual" but he does not have one, and no, one did not come with the kit.

Any ideas guys?

Please
4 REPLIES 4
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Peter,
Here is the download link for ML530G2. This should definitely resolve your problem:

http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?countrycode=1000&prodid=2238|ProLiant+ML530+G2&source=281405-004.xml&dt=13&docid=20019

Regards,
Peter Onyszkow_2

Terri, Many thanks for your efforts, I think that, however, you've pointed meto the wrong manual. the link takes me to the ML350, not the 530. Ooops, but many thanks though.

Sunil, Again, Many thanks, the manual you have given me gives some diagrams on how it all slots together (which is good news), but no specific instructions, as in Terri's example. A guy I have been talking to over here, from HP, called Alan Stapleton (alan.stapleton@hp.com) has looked at a different service manual, 225579-002-e.pdf, in which there is referenced a "ML500 series Tower to Rack Kit Conversion manual" but no number.

Do you have access to such a beast?

I'll gladly dish out some brownie points in a while.

Many thanks for your responces.

Peter O
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Oops, looks like I transposed ML530 to a ML350!
Documentation on converting the ML530 pedestal to a rack is included in the ML530 Setup & Installation Manual (starting on page 3-6):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_139006-001/TPM_139006-001.pdf

Cheers!