1753719 Members
5851 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML570 G1 SW4 settings

Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

ML570 G1 SW4 settings

Does anyone have and or know the switch settings? In the doc, 'TPM_122821-002_rev3_us.pdf', it only has the settings for a 100mhz bus. I assume the bus can be changed to 133mhz correct?

Keith

6 REPLIES 6
Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

Anyone.......

Keith
Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

No one...... ?!?!?!?!?!

Keith

Scott Robey
Frequent Advisor

SW4 appears to set the processor speed, not the bus speed. I can not see where you can set the bus speed to 133. SW4 sets proc speed between 700 and 900 Mhz. Below is a blurb from the service guide.

Processor Configuration Switch (SW4) and System ID Switch (SW6)
CAUTION: The system ROM determines proper processor speeds. This section shows only the
location of the switches and the default settings of each. These default settings must be set
exactly as shown for proper operation of the ROM.
Figure 4-6 shows the default settings of the processor core frequency switch that support 750-MHz
processors. Table 4-6 lists the processor core frequency switch settings for the ProLiant ML570 server
with processor speeds ranging from 700- to 900-MHz.
off
Figure 4-6. Location and default setting for core frequency switch (SW4) supporting 700-MHz
processors (example)
Table 4-6
Processor Configuration Switch (SW4) 100-MHz Bus Speed
Position Function Processor Core Speed Settings
700-MHz
1 On
2 Off
3 On
Sets system bus to processor core frequency ratio
Off
Note: Compaq makes no representation or warranty that processors operating at any of the speeds shown
are available at any time. Therefore, processor core speeds shown are not necessarily representative of
future processors.
Note: For processors 850-MHz or higher, it is not necessary to change switch settings
Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

The processor bus is what I was thinking of, but I guess I did not make that clear. Both the 700mhz and 900mhz CPUs use a 100mhz bus. I was wondering how to change the processor bus speed to 133mhz.

Keith

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi Keith

Few things about the server
Architecture 100MHz Front Side Bus
Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon / 700MHz (Quad Capability)

Hope it helps to explain what you were asking.
Nothing is impossible
Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

So.... only the 100mhz bus CPUs are supported? From the doc, it seems 5 that this switch will allow for different bus CPUs to be used.

Keith