1753769 Members
4853 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML570 G1 Video Disable

Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

ML570 G1 Video Disable

I can not seem to disable the built in video controller. I have move the 1st SW1 switch to the on position, but that does not do anything. Running the SmartStart 5.5 system config utility does not allow the controller to be changed either. Is there any way to actually disable it so another video controller can be used?

Keith
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: ML570 G1 Video Disable

SW1 position 1 should allow you to disable local Video
Unless RILOE bard used
However, disabling video on board doesn't mind used additional Card its just matter of compatibility
See attachment for Switch just in case
Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

What is a 'RILOE' board?

Kinda sounds like your are saying is that the SW1 switch really does nothing. Is that right?

I am trying to use a RADEON 9200SE PIC card rather than the RAGE II+ built in one. Even though the 1st SW1 DIP is in the open position, the ATI driver software is finding that the RAGE controller is still the primary controller.....

Keith
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

If you keep video connected to Future board and enable SW Position 1
Do you have Video OUT?

Disabling On board Video is not intended or mind for use of additional Video controller, local future for remote administration to keep Video OFF.
Along some people have success with additional Video controller it's not guaranteed, you need to find one that will work

Also if you have RILOE installed it will override automatically and disable on board Video controller (or in some cases onboard should be turned OFF)

Verify if you don├в t have any cards like that
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=136344-001