5940 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML570 G2 - Moved, lupgraded firmware, lost ability to boot

Robert Grosshandler
Occasional Contributor

ML570 G2 - Moved, lupgraded firmware, lost ability to boot

ML 570 G2 - 16GB RAM, 6402 Raid, 14 drives. RILOE II, WIN 2003 Enterprise

We moved the server. Appeared fine (saw drives flashing appropriately) but didn't actually see screen to confirm. Used firmware cd to upgrade some drives, RAID Controller to 2.68.

I really want to save the data on the these drives, and of course, get the server up and running again.

Server fails to boot successfully.

1. POST error messages:
SCSI Bios Not Found
No SCSI Boot xxxx
I do not recall if these are new messages or not.

2. Figured reloading OS might help. Tried lots of things. At this point, array controller has been reset, losing all array information (and any pointers on saving data on drives would be appreciated( - drives 3 - 14 have been removed).

Used smartstart 7.51. Diagnostics show all hardware properly. ADU shows no problems. Smartstart created default array configuration. OS appeared to begin to install properly. After several reboots (the changing FAT to NTFS), Windows install goes into its Setup (39 minutes remaining, etc.), and then blue screens with Hardware Malfunction, see your Vendor.

Not even sure where to turn at this point.

Any suggestions? Hardware is out of warranty, but I'd be happy to buy a Care Pack for it if I thought in a heartbeat that would fix the issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

SCSI Bios not installed (or found) is a message from the embedded scsi to indicate it can't find any hard drives on the embedded.

Hardware malfunction usually indicates a memory problem, but not always. Have you tried bringing the server down to min memory (1 bank - 2 dimms)? I would recommend doing that and testing.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Robert Grosshandler
Occasional Contributor

I'll give that a shot. Worst case, it'll boot faster!

Thanks.