Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML570 G2 - Smart Array 5300

SOLVED
Go to solution
George Lipordezis
Occasional Visitor

ML570 G2 - Smart Array 5300

This ML server has two cages A and B and each cage has maximum capacity of 6 hard drives.

I have filled up the cage A with 6 x 72GB hard drives and I have configured 2 RAID5 logical drives.

The problem is that when I recently added 2 hard drives of the same type/size on the cage B the server was not able to see them. Actually I am not 100% if it seems them because during the boot procedure the green LEDs turn on for a while and after some time they turn, the LEDs of the other 6 drives remain on.

The bottom line is that ACU does not recognise any hard drive on the cage B.

And for the record, I have used the SmartStart 7.60 and the controller is the 5304. Also I have installed all the available firmwares on the server.

What else am I missing?
3 REPLIES
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML570 G2 - Smart Array 5300

Do you sure cage B connected to SmartArray 5304 controller ? (probably cage B connected to motherboard SCSI controller....)
George Lipordezis
Occasional Visitor

Igor I believe this the case, cage B is connected on the on board SCSI controller, because I remember seeing the drives appear under the SCSI controller table during the boot up.

And the question is how do I connect cage B on the Smart Array? I could find something on the server documentation.
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

George,

>>And the question is how do I connect cage B on the Smart Array?

I beleive you need to connect cage B cable to second SCSI port of SmartArray 5304 controller.
Sorry, I don't know more about ML570