1753893 Members
7776 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML570 Rebooting - EVENTID 1071

Neil McLoughlin

ML570 Rebooting - EVENTID 1071

Hi,

One of the servers where I work is rebooting every day. It always seems to be the same time - 4am in the morning.

When I look in the event log it says:

EventID 1071
Correctable memory error detected. The errors have seen corrected but the memory module should be replaced.
SNMP TRAP: 6029 in CPQHCTH.MIB

Any ideas??!! It doesn't tell me which memory module should be replaced. I have run full hardware diagnostics on the server but it passed with flying colours.
6 REPLIES 6
Ian Matthews_2
Valued Contributor

what revision are the HP agents?? ensure they are up to date (use support pack 6.30a)

Let us know results
Sigi J
Valued Contributor

please read this older forum posting, seems very similar:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xcf960627c8ddd61190050090279cd0f9,00.html

One of the answers was to clear the integrated management log.
Neil McLoughlin

How do i clear the ingrated management log? Is this what I access on port 2301? If it is I can't access this because nobody knows the password??!!

I've updated all the drivers and firmware.
Neil McLoughlin

Anyone???!!!

Can you see if this error is also mentioned in the Integrated Management Log? Are any other errors mentioned in the System event log, as this (correctable) error alone doesn't seem sufficient to cause a reboot.
Bill O'Brien_3
Advisor

The passwords are stored in c:\compaq\wbem\cpqhmmd.acl - if you have another server that you can get on to ok via the web agent you can copy this file across from it to the problem server (connect to https://servername:2381). There should be a way of reinitializing this file back to default passwords but I can't find it at the moment - will let you know if I do. Unfortunately with SupportPaq 6.20, HP started distributing an empty version of this file which wiped out the old passwords and doesn't even allow you to logon via the web agent, unless you can do the copy trick just mentioned. Let me know if you need a default copy of the file and I'll email it separately.