ML570 G2 Rack Mount
16gb of ram
4 x CPU
12 x 36gb internal storage
6400 controller
10 x 32gb external storage
smartstart 7.1

The problem is the option to configure the
boot partition prior to smartstart starting for the intergrated scsi sontroller which I cant see an option for, so i can configure the internal storage to be mirrored. The 6400 controller for the external storage i can configure during post and specify, which is no good to me as this will be used at raid5. Internal controller is set to prmary boot.

Thanks for any help
5 REPLIES 5
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML570G2 Boot partion

From what I understand the 12 internal HDD are connected to the embedded SCSI controller and you are trying to find a way to configure these drives as a mirror before installing OS.
The embedded SCSI controller does not support any RAID; it just a plain SCSI controller and not a RAID controller. You would need to implement SW RAID when the drives are connected to the embedded SCSI controller.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Mike_761
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your help, just another question if i may i have 16gb of ram but only shows up as 4gb in windows 2003?
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Which version of Windows 2003 are you using; you need to use the PAE switch in the BOOT.ini to enable windows to see more than 4GB.
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/techref/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/techref/en-us/w2k3tr_pae_what.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q268363 (similar in 2003)
Mike_761
Occasional Contributor

I Just looked at the 6400 controller and it looks like it has four channel a1 a2 b1 b2 could i use the a1 a2 for internal storage and b1 b2 for external which hopefully solve my issues. And would it be just the case of disconnecting the scsi cable from the mb and attaching to the scsi 64000 controller.

Mike
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

That would be right