108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

MSA 1000

Can anyone tell me how the Storage MSA 1000 can be shard Between multiple clusters in windows 2003.
6 REPLIES 6
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

I haven't done that yet but after creating a logical drive you can specify which fibre channel controllers can access that logical drive in the array configuration utility.
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Hi Martin
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know about Zoneing of MSA1000 for different clusters
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

Sorry, no. I've only installed MSA 1000 systems with a single cluster.
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Robin,

Do you have the hardware and need to know how to hook it up or do you need to know what hardware you need to achieve this?

Do you have the optional 8port switch installed or a fibre hub so that you can share the MSA 1000 with your multiple clusters?

This is the related link for the MSA 1000 switches and hubs. http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/saninfrastructure.html
Here is the main page for the MSA 1000 http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/msa1000/index.html

Otherwise let us know what else you need?

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro
Solution

Basically you go into the Array COnfiguration Utility (ACU) for the MSA1000 and set up your disk volumes for each cluster. Then you use Selective Storage Presentation (SSP)to assign access to each of the HBSa for each cluster. Make sure to set SSP for all possible HBA combinations to a volume. For example, if you have a dual path cluster, then you have 4 possible paths to the storage (2 HBAs per server times 2 servers).

You will also need to do port zoning on your FC switches to keep the cluster conenctions separate. Once you have set up SSP and zoning, then you just do a standard cluster installation - Windows will only see the disks that it has been given access to (via SSP and zoning).

Thanks,
Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Hello Doug

Is it necessery to do port zoning on the FC switch, we have devided the storage using SSP for seperate cluster and it works fine.

Do we require to do port zoning?

Pls Suggest

Robin