New Discussion юеВ

MSA1000 Disk firmware upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
pj_11
Super Advisor

MSA1000 Disk firmware upgrade

Hello All,

I am trying to update the disk firmware on my MSA1000 from 8.50 FW CD.The new disk firmware is available so i select to update firmware it starts then comes back saying already up to date when the disk are not up to date the cuurent version is HPB6 available is HPB8.Has anyone got any ideas or help in any way.

Thanks

PJ
12 REPLIES 12
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA1000 Disk firmware upgrade

hi,

did you read the service notes, for this upgrade ??? Sometimes its better to stay with a older version, as to by up-to-date.

mikap
pj_11
Super Advisor

I am not aware of the service notes could you clarify were i can find this also why should we stay at the current level.Is there anyway to
update the firmware or it is not possible on the MSA1000.

Thanks

PJ
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

its on the ww.hp.com ==> software and drivers,

them you will find your product and them,

you should see a firmware and detail there will be a releasse notes.

mikap
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi,

Thanks i am looking how flash the firmware on the disk not the controller.FW CD has the correct firmware for the disks but comes back and says already up to date when you apply.
The firmware on the disk has not be updated.
So my question is this a supported method on the MSA1000 to flash the disk firmware not the
controller.

Thanks

PJ
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

did you try to contact HP directly, or some HP partner ??? yes i know what you want to upgrade, but sometimes the HP tools are strange, we have the MSA 1000 with 2 proliants DL380g4 ( as a cluster product ) and when we upgrading the firmware we are using for this online tool set or offline boot the cd and what is not up-to-date it will be market and them upgraded.

mikap

pj_11
Super Advisor

Ok,

Thanks for your time i will contact HP and see what they say.

PJ
phl

hi pj.
i have the same behavoir you described in this thread. When i try to update my disks on a msa1500 with the FW CD 8.70. did you get a solution for this problem?
Jaieun Chu
Advisor

You can update disk f/w after controller f/w 5.3(a/s) or 7.x(a/a) upgrade
system engineer