cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA500 G2 - DL380 - Windows Server 2003 array not recognized

nhoj007
Occasional Visitor

MSA500 G2 - DL380 - Windows Server 2003 array not recognized

I can configure the array for the MSA500 on the 5i controller as an external attached array but the array is not recognized by Windows. The only array that windows sees it the array configured as the internal array.
Using the array configuration utility in Windows it sees both arrays also but will not allow me to access the MSA500.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES
dms_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSA500 G2 - DL380 - Windows Server 2003 array not recognized

Hi,
have you created a logical drive within the external array? If yes, you should be able to see free (unformated) space in Disk Management. Is that a cluster? Sometimes you have to restart both Clusternodes to recognize the new capacity.

binoyskylark
Frequent Advisor

hai

if there is no logical drive created , create that first , if you already created and u are not able to see the drives in windows do the following steps

go to array configuration utility ,

go to the logicall drive , go to selective storage presentation(SSP) ,and give access to the two hosts , its a security feature of MSA, Disabling SSP also solve your problem

regards...
binoy
Binoy.p.p
HP AIS Blade system Integration
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

You should always check compatibility before conecting device A to device B. This is specified on the Quickspecs for each product.
In this case, the MSA500 G2 quickspecs (http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11956_div/11956_div.HTML) say that it must be connected to a Smart Array 642. The Smart Array 5i does not appear anywhere on the QuickSpecs, so you cannot assume it's going to work with it.