cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance jumper

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Maintenance jumper

Having problem when I try to install the system config. program... booting correct till after second DOS screen then I get this message: 'Error during boot. The maintenance jumper (typically switch #6 or Jumper e17) is set. If you are booting a floppy, you may press Enter to continue, but some configuration inform. cannot be read or set. If booting from CD, you must set maintenance jumper to the default setting and reboot.'... I have not changed any jumper settings and I am having all kinds of trouble getting a display to find this jumper. I have tried just continue the floppy setup, but I can get none of the config. setting to take...anyone have this problem?
2 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Maintenance jumper

The Switch is a Six Positioned DIP Switch located on the System Board . There should an Illustration of the switch location on the Server's side panel .
Ian Girvan
Occasional Visitor

Re: Maintenance jumper

I have the exact same problem with a proliant 2500R. I've tried switch #6 both on and off but the config util is still seeing it set. I can continue and configure at least the majority of options. Anyone have any ideas?