1748165 Members
3654 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Management agents

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Management agents

I've got Redhat 6.1 installed on this machine and I would like to use the Management Agents. When I tried to install the Health & Wellness driver I got a certification warning message and the driver should be removed asap.

Does this mean the agents don't work at all on this machine/OS combination, or can I install and make use of it with limited capabilities?
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Management agents

Take a look at http://www.tru64unix.compaq.com/linux/linuxhealth.html#_Toc497719422

paragraph 6.1 says routines in the module check to see if it's a supported system - if not - it will give you this message and will not load.
... In the same document see paragraph 2.1 where the supported system are listed. Your system is NOT listed, so the driver (as designed) will not work.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Do you know whether Compaq is intending to support the system in a future release?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Sorry, Tech support can't talk about products we don't know about. Engineering does not feed us info like this too far in the future. My suggestion would be watch the website www.comapq.com/linux, or sign up for active answers (www.compaq.com/activeanswers) to you'll get a notification when it's released.