ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752794 Members
6116 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Management software install problem - PLEASE HELP!!

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Management software install problem - PLEASE HELP!!

Please help!!
I'll outline the series of events, and the question will follow:

I intended to install all the Compaq management agents etc onto our new server; however, the management CD was lost. I went to the Compaq website and downloaded the latest version of IM and some other agents such as power management, system drivers etc.
I installed the latest version of IM and also installed Compaq System Management Driver v3.31.1.1 . These both installed fine.

Now the CD was found, and I decided to start again from scratch. I uninstalled IM, and deleted any files and directories I could see that related to Compaq management.

Following the instructions, using the management CD, I installed IM successfully, configured it along with SNMP etc, and then went to install the Compaq Management Agents for Servers. At this point I get an error message:
"You cannot install the current version of the Agents because you have an unsupported version installed. Please uninstall your current version using the setup program that was used for the installation."

I then uninstalled IM, and deleted any files and directories I could see that related to Compaq management, rebooted and tried again. This time, I tried to install Compaq Management Agents for Servers first. Still I get the error message:
"You cannot install the current version of the Agents because you have an unsupported version installed. Please uninstall your current version using the setup program that was used for the installation."

There are no Compaq programs in ADD/REMOVE programs. There are no Compaq uninstall exes I can see - or any Compaq directories at all I can see in fact.

Could anyone offer any helpful suggestions on how I can get rid of this error message so I can install the Management applications?
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Management software install problem - PLEASE HELP!!

On the www.compaq.com/windows2000 site, there is a utility called 'primer.exe' - it removes all Compaq specific drivers/utilities in preparation for a Windows 2000 install - BUT - you can use it to recover from software glitches like you've run across... if the problem persists email us at support@compaq.com or call 1-800-ok-compaq