ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753876 Members
7540 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Marvell and HPE Introduce Industry Standard Adapters for HPE ProLiant and Apollo Gen10 Plus Servers

Todd_Owens
Contributor

Marvell and HPE Introduce Industry Standard Adapters for HPE ProLiant and Apollo Gen10 Plus Servers

Innovation can come in many forms. Sometimes it’s with a completely new technology, sometimes with updating an existing product and in other cases, just by changing the approach to how you acquire and deliver a product. It is the latter that is the latest innovation from Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) when it comes to I/O connectivity.

In conjunction with the launch of HPE ProLiant and Apollo Gen10 Plus servers, the HPE Server I/O Options team developed a new approach for sourcing and qualifying Ethernet adapters for these servers. Deploying what they call Industry Standard Adapters, HPE can now better meet the needs of their end customers with an increased number of options when it comes to firmware and driver updates for their Ethernet adapters in HPE servers.

read more on the Marvell blog page here....... https://www.marvell.com/blogs/2019/12/marvell-and-hpe-introduce-industry-standard-adapters-for-hpe-proliant-and-apollo-gen10-plus-servers/

Todd Owens
Marvell Field Marketing Manager
Intelligent I/O matters!
1 REPLY 1
nixeco
Occasional Advisor

Re: Marvell and HPE Introduce Industry Standard Adapters for HPE ProLiant and Apollo Gen10 Plus Serv

Sounds good to me.

Have used a lot of Marvell controllers, mostly SATA

They picked up from where Silicon Image left off.

Sounds like a good move.

Maybe the system options menu will pick them up ok. (not just "other" device(s).

Tx