108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Max Physical memory for DL380 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
DaveDingle

Max Physical memory for DL380 G3

Hi all,

Probably an easy enough question but I was wondering what the max physical memory you can get in a GL380 G3 is? I've just inherited a few of them and what to max them out for database purposes.

Cheers,

Dave.
6 REPLIES 6
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

The server supports up to a maximum of 6 GB memory. You will also need an Operating System to support this 6 GB.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

basically there are two configuration but it depends of your processor:

You can expand server memory by installing PC2100 Registered DDR SDRAM DIMMs. The system supports up to six DIMMs.

the most important here:

The server supports two types of memory configurations (standard and online)
-> Standard memory configuration for maximum performance:
2.4-GHz and 2.8-GHz models├в up to 6 GB active memory (six 1-GB memory modules)

3.06-GHz or greater models├в up to 12 GB of active memory (six 2-GB memory modules)

-> Online spare memory configuration for maximum availability
2.4-GHz and 2.8 GHz models├в up to 4 GB active memory and 2 GB online spare memory

3.06-GHz or greater models├в up to 8 GB of active memory and 4 GB of online spare memory

but I think the better for you is the Standard Conf, because it let's you up to 6GB for 2.4-2.8 Proc and up to 12 for 3.06 Proc.

I included all the configurations because I don't know if the Processor you have.

check also here
http://h18002.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11473_div/11473_div.HTML#Memory

Regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
DaveDingle

Hi guys,

Thanks for your prompt replies. Exactly the info that I needed. :o)

Thanks again.

Dave.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Dave,

Everything you need to know about DL380 G3 & Memory configuration... with Charts !

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00323295

;)

Regards.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

cool

don't forget assign points if the information was helpful

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Jon White
Regular Advisor

I don't know where you get your memory from, but I have a suggestion (and, no, I don't work for them). http://www.crucial.com is a great memory vendor. You can choose your system model and get a detailed report of how much memory your system can support. They also have an agent that you can install on your system that will scan for the configuration and what memory it can handle. It will also mention if the memory has to be installed in pairs.

They also stand behind their recommendation. I had some full height memory chips sent to me for a DL360 G1. They were too tall for the chassis. Crucial exchanged the memory for the correct half height sticks with no hassle at all.

Just a suggestion based on personal experience.
No matter where you go, there you are....