ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753846 Members
7810 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Mellanox QSFP breakout cable shows disconnected with HPE 560 SFP+ NIC on DL380

mkshirsagar
Occasional Collector

Mellanox QSFP breakout cable shows disconnected with HPE 560 SFP+ NIC on DL380

We have HPE 560 SFP+ NIC connected to Mellanox Sn2100 using Mellanox QSFP+ breakout cable. On several ocassion we see a NIC port not coming up or the OS reporting it as disconnected. We unplug the SFP from the breakout and plug it into a regular 10Gb switch and the port come sup fine. The OS running on the server is Windows 2016.

We change the cable and the problem shows up on another node. I am wondering if the issue is related to compatibility of the breakout cable with HPE 560SFP+ NIC. If so, which QSFP+ to SFP brekaout cable would HPE recommend which may be qualified by HPE engineering and Support.

1 REPLY 1
active-Pro
HPE Pro

Re: Mellanox QSFP breakout cable shows disconnected with HPE 560 SFP+ NIC on DL380

If are you using any one of these Transceivers below which are supported and qualified by HPE , you should check the settings / Cables and see if they the options used are HPE qualified.
HPE BladeSystem c-Class 10Gb SFP+ SR Transceiver 455883-B21
HPE BladeSystem c-Class 10Gb SFP+ LR Transceiver 455886-B21
Check if the server and card is all updated to the latest firmware and drivers.
QuickSpecs: https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=c04111506 

If that still fails to resolve the issue you may want to contact support.

I am an HPE Employee.
Regards.

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo