ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751709 Members
4941 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Memory Config for an ML110G2

Warren R

Memory Config for an ML110G2

Can anyone point me in the right direction wrt all possible memory configurations for an ML110G2? I am trying to add some memory and the documentation is a little vague.
Cheers,
Warren R
6 REPLIES 6
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Warren R

Thanks anyhow Igor but that was the vague documentation I was referring to in my original post.
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Hi Warren!

Guidelines for installing or replacing memory on the ML110 G2 are as follows.

-Use only DDR1 400 unbuffered ECC and non-ECC DIMMs in 256MB, 512MB, or 1GB configurations.
-Use only PC2100 and PC3200 (266 MHz/400 MHz) DIMMs.
-Use up to two DIMMs per channel, single-sided and/or double sided. Channel A corresponds to the DIMM1 and DIMM2 slots, while channel B corresponds to the DIMM3 and DIMM4 slots as shown above.
-While the four DIMM slots can accept different size DIMMs in any configuration, HP recommends installing the smallest capacity module in slot 4 and progressively larger capacity modules in slots 3, 2 and 1.
-Memory modules must be populated for dual-channel operation.

Warren R

Hi Ruslan,
I had read that also. What was unclear was if I had three DIMMs do I start at Slot 4, leaving Slot 1 empty and if this is the case why was the existing single DIMM installed in Slot 1? Also if I am upgrading from a single DIMM to two DIMMs do you move the existing DIMM such that they two DIMMS now occupy slots 3 and 4.
I guess I am just a little confused because this is a most unusual configuration...
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Warren, use recommended configuration and you never will be confused. You must populate slots based on single or dual channel configuration. You cannot have one bank single channel and the second - dual channel. Populate Slot 1 is mandatory, I guess that system not start when it be empty. This is production or home/testing server? You can experiment with memory configuration on your onw risk. :)
Warren R

No definitive answer found so trial and error it is...