1745905 Members
4309 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Memory Issue

bxc3518

Memory Issue

An HP Proliant DL365 G1 contains 16gb of physical memory, however, only 2.05 GB is physically available. The server is running Windows Server 2003 Standard R2.

How do I correct this?
5 REPLIES 5
Earl_Crowder
Trusted Contributor

Re: Memory Issue

Unless you move to a 64-bit OS or a different release of 2003 (Enterprise, Datacenter), you won't be able to use the memory.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/pae_os.mspx
bxc3518

It is a X64 Edition.
Vaibhav Gandhi
Frequent Advisor

Hi bxc3518,
Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition supports 4 GB (x86) and 32 GB (x64).
Are you talking about memory shown under windows? Does it detect all the memory on POST?
Have you upgraded memory recently?

Cheers!
Vaibhav
bxc3518

I added 8GB. Upon post, it recognizes 16 GB. However, if I look at the system properties in windows, it only lists 2 GB as physically available and I am getting hammered by the monitoring about the lack of memory available.
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi there,

Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 64bit edition support 32 GB memory. however, you see only 2 GB.

adding /PAE switch in boot.ini file enable the complete memory support as per maximum memory limit... however, this is applicable only for 32 bit architecture.

64 bit architecture is not dependant on pae.
So you may require windows update to fix the issue. check with microsoft for latest bugfixes, patches available for Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 64bit.

Also check and update the system bios.

thanks,
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo