5184 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Memory not displayed in HP System Management

Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

Memory not displayed in HP System Management

Hi

Although SBS2008 is showing 8Gb of RAM. In the HP System Management page under the memory option I am getting a small blue circle with a question mark. If I click the memory link there is no memory displayed as being loaded.

Faulty RAM or MOBO?

Thanks

Daren
DL120 G6 G6930
5 REPLIES 5
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Did you install the firmware and Smart Start with latest System Management?
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Daren,

UPdate the system bios Version: 2010.09.06 (30 Sep 2010) as it has some fixes and enhancement related to memory
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3984621&prodNameId=3984622&swEnvOID=4037&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-bcf63cbae6794bc4bd7834ecce

You may also launch HP Insight diagnostic from HP ProLiant DL120G6 Easy Setup CD and run the memory test to identify the faulty memory.

This is 100 series server, so you may not have complete PSP. However, Management agents are available to be updated.

You may also login to LO100 and check for error messages.

Sometime it could be false error message and can be resolved by updating the system bios and management agent in this particular model.

hope this helps,

thanks
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

SMR
Valued Contributor

Daren,

This is hardly a faulty component. Follow the recommendations to update management agents and software which are much more likely to be the culprits here.

Good luck!
Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

Thanks

What is PSP?
How do I login to LO100?

I updated the firmware but still same issue?

Daren
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Daren,

What is PSP?
PSP= Proliant Support Pack (bundle of drivers, management agents and software available for 300/500/700 series servers)

How do I login to LO100?

If you have configured LO100 just put the IP address in the browser and login
default username is admin password is admin

I updated the firmware but still same issue?

You may boot the server from easySetup CD and run the offline diagnostic test on memory to identify faulty memory.

Also update the management agents, NULL IPMI driver from HP.com

thanks,
AFtab

Daren
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo