Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory parity issue on ML110 G2?

Simon Crossley
Occasional Contributor

Memory parity issue on ML110 G2?

Hi all,

I return with another question. I have just purchased some new memory for my ML110 G2. only difference is this memory is third party non ECC (which I read on the internet is perfectly accceptable), the memory works fine until it goes into the ml110, after a while I get a blue screen stating there is a parity check error, can this be turned off at bios or elsewhere???

Thanx in advance for any info on this.

Si
3 REPLIES
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: Memory parity issue on ML110 G2?

Hi,

There is no option as such to disable parity check i suppose. It always re-commended to use the HP Part.

FYI
---------------------------------------------
Memory Guidelines
The following guidelines must be followed when memory modules are being added or replaced:

Use only DDR1-400 unbuffered ECC and non-ECC DIMMs in 256-MB, 512-MB, or 1-GB configuration.
Use only PC2100 and PC3200 (266 MHz/400 MHz) DIMMs
Up to two DIMMs per channel, single-sided and/or double-sided. Channel A corresponds to the DIMM1 and DIMM2 slots, while channel B corresponds to the DIMM3 and DIMM4 slots.
While the four DIMM slots can accept different size DIMMs in any configuration, HP recommends installing the smallest capacity module in slot 4 and progressively larger capacity modules in slots 3, 2 and 1.
Memory modules must be populated for dual-channel operation.

Memory Specifications
Item
Description

Size
256-MB, 512-MB, and 1-GB

Speed
266/400-MHz (PC2100/PC3200)

Type
DDR1-400 unbuffered ECC or non-ECC DIMMs

Dimension
42.5 x 42.5 mm (1.67 x 1.67 in)

Packaging
1005-pin FC-BGA

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Simon Crossley
Occasional Contributor

Re: Memory parity issue on ML110 G2?

thanx for the answer, the only issue is the branded memory is excessively overpriced, but I suppose thats the way it goes.