1752675 Members
5733 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Microsoft Server 2016 Essentials on HP DL 380 G5 server

Venus90

Microsoft Server 2016 Essentials on HP DL 380 G5 server

Hi,

We have installed Microsoft Server 2016 Essentials on HP DL 380 G5 server. The OS was licensed and activated on this device. There was no problem during the installation.

Only 2 drivers were not found. One of them is the "IPMI" driver. The other is unclear.

After a while, we noticed that SQL server failed to make backup and also while copying a shared folder in order to back up,  it gave a "0x800701E3" error.

At first, we thought it was a disk error. However, we have decided that the problem was not the disk since all the disks in the server and the external disk have the same problem.

Do you think the problem stems from incompatible drivers or unset drivers or for some other reason?

Thanks.

I would like to ask the help of friends who have experienced such a problem or who may say where the problem originated from.

2 REPLIES 2
m_icha
HPE Pro

Re: Microsoft Server 2016 Essentials on HP DL 380 G5 server

Hello Venus90,

At the link below you will find the HPE Servers Support & Certification Matrices. Unfortunately, Windows Server 2016 are not certified for use with G5 servers series.

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx#.XBtM5VwzaUk

While installation has been completed serveral performance & drivers matters like those you describe may incur.

Regards

M_icha

I'm an HPE Employee

m_icha

I'm an HPE Employee
Need assistance? Contact HPE Support
How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: Microsoft Server 2016 Essentials on HP DL 380 G5 server

... or who may say where the problem originated

The Problem is, that the Server was Build from 2006 - 2010.

Now 13 Years later you try install Windows 2016 with SQL on this 10+ Year Old Server as Base.

That's not a good Idea.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.