1748177 Members
4214 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Miltiple Array Controllers Windows load order

Andrew Sheimo
Occasional Contributor

Miltiple Array Controllers Windows load order

I have 3 DL580 G5s with the integrated P400 and an added P400 array controller. Windows recognizes the added array controller as the primary controller even though the integrated is set as the boot controller in the BIOS. Does anyone know if the load order can be changed so that windows recognizes the integrated controller as the primary?
3 REPLIES 3
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Re: Miltiple Array Controllers Windows load order

You need to get in the CMOS configuration by pressing F9 key when prompted to get into the Rom-Baseed Setup Utility (RBSU)
Then select "Boot Controller Order (IPL)" and select the integrated controller P400i as the Controller 1. After that it shouldn't give you any problem trying to boot from the embedded controller.
Andrew Sheimo
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately no, even having set that option still the wrong controller loads first in windows. Have also tried resetting the NVRAM and resetting to defaults (HP tech support) still the problem persists.
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Ok, did you check the "Boot Controller Order" or the "Standard boot order (IPL)". Make sure it was checked on the "Boot Controller Order" not the "Standard boot order" and the ctrl 1 is the integrated. I theory you should be able to boot and use this controller. Try updating the firmware on the controller and the BIOS.