1753509 Members
5142 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Mirrored Drives Puzzle

Damon Yates

Mirrored Drives Puzzle

Dear All

I'm currently experiencing an issue with my mirrored drives in a DL360 - I'm trying to recover a server that was once a DL380 but I don't have a spare DL380 so I've placed one of the mirrored disks into a DL360. I only have one of the disks available. The OS boots fine from the disk in the DL360 but when I add a second disk it does not rebuild the mirror. I've looked in the array config and it appears that the existing array is looking for a missing disk on SCIS Channel 2.

I have deducted that the two disks in the DL380 were on SCSI Channel 1 and SCSI Channel 2 but the DL360 only has the single channel. So the raid controller has read the array config from the disk and decided that it is missing a disk from SCSI Channel 2 even though that channel does not physically exist in the server.

Does anybody know how I can fix this and retain the data currently residing on the single disk on the DL360.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: Mirrored Drives Puzzle

Hi Damon,

I've not read it in detail, but this document may well help you out...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00378986/c00378986.pdf

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Damon Yates

Re: Mirrored Drives Puzzle

Rob

Thanks for the prompt responce.

Good document but it does not solve the problem. Unfortunately I was not able to 'split' the mirrors before the disk was removed from the DL380. So effectively it still thinks its part of a mirrored pair on a DL380.

Damon