4836 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mismatch in OIDs of MIBs for DL380 Gen10

manu7cabre87
Occasional Contributor

Mismatch in OIDs of MIBs for DL380 Gen10

hello, 

Just have downloaded the last updated MIBs in HPE SIM MIB KIT and shared with customer for testing alarms. OID in shared MIBs are registered as 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.XXXX, although customer is receiving a different OID as 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.0.XXXX, 

MIBs shared: cpqhlth

The server is a DL380 GEN 10 and the SNMP credentials are configured in iLO 5.

Where should i get the correct MIBs so i can share them and the Manager can identificate them correctly?, at this moment these are unrecognized alarms.

Thanks a lot, 

3 REPLIES 3
KK
HPE Pro

Hi,

Could you let us know how the alarms are being tested.

Are the alarms are received from iLO5 with a wrong OID?

Hope the alarms are not being checked with the OS on the server as there are no SNMP or WBEM based management agents provided for Gen10 servers.

A screenshot or output of the alarm showing wrong OID will be helpful to provide further updates.

A supported list of SNMP traps and MIBs is provided in the document https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00026111en_us.

Also the previous version of MIB kit can be checked and it is available at https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04272529.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
manu7cabre87
Occasional Contributor

hello,

The testing consists of removing 1 power supply of the server, this is part of the acceptance of the server.

As the documentation establishes, the server will send .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.6069 (cpqHe4FltTolPowerSupplyACpowerloss), but instead the customer is receiving .1.3.6.1.5.232.0.6069. Due to this, the customer is not recognizing the OID because the MIBs shared are not correct.Wrong OID.png

According to cpqhlth MIB, the prefix is:

"The Compaq Enterprise number is 232.
-- The ASN.1 prefix to, and including the Compaq Enterprise is:
-- 1.3.6.1.4.1.232"

Is there a MIB file included with the additional cero (0) of the OID so the customer can recognized the alarm?

KK
HPE Pro

Hi,

What is the application and have you tried an older version of MIB?

We have tested in the labs with an base snmp receipent and getting the proper OIDs for the tests carried out for the PSU redundancy.

Make sure that there are no changes happening to the MIB files when integrated to your application.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo