cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing NIC

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Missing NIC

The NT Event viewer reported possible problems with the embedded NIC. I ran the Compaq diagnostics and all tests Passed. From the diagnostic panel, I uninstalled the adapter, figuring I would reinstall it to see if that would clear the trouble. After a Restart, the adapter is not present, and I can't figure out how to re-install! I have the latest drivers installed, but they don't show up on the Select Network Adapter list when I tried to Add the adapter.
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Missing NIC

You can run the NTSSD from your smartstart cd to re-install the driver for your nic card. Browse the cd (note: put the smartstart cd into server and do not agree to diskette builder license...just close diskette builder screen) and you can run setup.exe to launch NTSSD...path is drive letter of cd-rom...lets say it is D:, then it would be D:\cpqsupsw\ntssd\setup to launch NTSSD, then, click on configure button, it will install the driver at this point and also, allow you to enter specific ip information like ip address, subnet mask, etc.