5104 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Mixing Non Hot Plug along with Hot Plug drives

Rodrigri
Occasional Visitor

Mixing Non Hot Plug along with Hot Plug drives

Hello everyone, 

I have client tha has a DL 320 Gen 8 with P/N 470065-759. The server already has 2 Hot Plug drives and now the client purchased 2 more drives.

The drives bought by the client are 62065-B21 wich are NHP Drives. Can i install these drives in the server, will they work along with the Hot Plug drives.

Thank in advance,

Ricardo Rodrigues

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I think your missing a digit from the NHP part number provided.  Most NHP drives are just plain drives without any type of carrier. You'll need a drive carrier before you can insert the drives in the server.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Rodrigri
Occasional Visitor

The P/N is from the server.

Yes the NHP drive cames without carrier, and the client will buy the carrier separately.

What i realy want to know is  if there is any problem mixingf these two types of drives. The server alreadyt has 2 Hot-Plug drives and i want to install 2 mores driver, but these are NHP.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

62065-B21 doesn't have enough digits, maybe it should be 628065-B21 which is a 3TB LFF drive.  This drive will work fine if installed in the proper hot plug carrier

Rodrigri
Occasional Visitor

You are right the drives P/N is actually 628065-B21.

So that means that this drive will work normally installed in the appropriate caddy. Along with the other 2 hot swap drives.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

yes it will work if installed in the correct carrier