1753765 Members
5774 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ml310 G4 with Hp 8 Internal SAS RAID controller - Sco 5.0.7

Don Y
Occasional Contributor

Ml310 G4 with Hp 8 Internal SAS RAID controller - Sco 5.0.7

Have loaded a 310 G4 with SCO Open Server 5.0.7 and EFS 5.770a, and SCO maint pack 5.
Using HP 8 Internal SAS raid controller with
Raid 1 and 72Gb -15k SAS disks.
Is there a SCO utility to manage or monitor the "LSI" raid controller from within the OS?
I know in a ML350 G5 using the "hpsas" driver that there is a utility to access SAS raid info
from within SCO 5.0.7, but this controller using the "lsil" driver doesn't seem to have one, or I don't know where it is! I am used to an adaptec 2100 series under sco where we have a utility to manage raid, and respond to failures, re-mirror, etc.
Anyone know what is possible with this "lsil" based setup?
3 REPLIES 3
TY 007
Honored Contributor

Re: Ml310 G4 with Hp 8 Internal SAS RAID controller - Sco 5.0.7

Hello Don,

HP ProLiant ML310 Generation 4 (G4) Specifications:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12570_div/12570_div.html

ML310 G4 OS Support:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2003
- Novell NetWare
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Enterprise Linux Server
- SCO OpenServer

NOTE:
Embedded SATA RAID feature is not available for use with Netware or SCO operating systems

Good Luck.

Thanks
Don Y
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply, but you need to realize I am not using the "Embedded SATA" raid, I am using the PCI-x add in card. The system has both....onboard SATA raid , and this add on card "hp SAS 8 port internal".
The raid I am doing is using this add in card, and the Embedded SATA controller is disabled. I was aware this model's Embedded SATA contoller is not supported to do RAID under SCO 507.

I suspect HP had to use an OEM LSI card to provide this because their onboard "Embedded SATA" just was not compatible with SCO. But we need RAID, and we need SCO, and to get that in a ML310 G4, it seems the only option
was to use the additional "Hp SAS 8 Internal" controller.
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Officially from HP - I think there is no such tool.

LSI have the mystorage manager or something like that. I am not sure that there is a version for your OS, but try finding something here:

http://www.lsi.com/cm/DownloadSearch.do?locale=EN

Regards,

Mi6t0