4962 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monitor Raid Status w/HP 8 port SAS/SATA RAID

Hynes, C.
Occasional Advisor

Monitor Raid Status w/HP 8 port SAS/SATA RAID

Greetings,

How do I go about monitoring the status of the RAID connected to an HP 8 Internal Port SAS Host Bus Adapter? I have installed PSP v.7.50, but on the system management pages the controller isn't detected (neither in ACU or in ADU). In addition, when I access the system/exp buses page, the slot where the controller sits is reported as 'empty'.
I have 2 SATA drives connected to the controller in RAID 1

Thank you,
Claudio
8 REPLIES 8
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Use Lsi Raid manager that will help you.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

something similar.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1026350

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Hynes, C.
Occasional Advisor

Hi Prashant,

I forgot to mention I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 4 on a DL320G4. I have tried searching for the 'Lsi Raid Manager', but to no avail. Could you be more specific regarding where I could find that utility?

Thank you for your time and help,
Claudio
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

hi,

you can download it for linux also from lsi site

http://www.lsilogic.com/cm/License.do?url=/files/support/ssp/fusionmpt/Utilities/MyStorageInstaller_Linux_STD_GCA_03_00_00.zip&prodName=SAS HBAs&subType=Miscellaneous

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

hi

Did you tried that?

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Hynes, C.
Occasional Advisor

Hello Prashant,

I have tried the software you suggested, but it does not detect the adapted installed in the server (see attachment). The software is listed as being for 32 bit platforms only, could that be the problem? All necessary drivers have been installed, the adapter shows up in /proc/mpt/ioc0.
Also, I would like to monitor the server remotely (it will be installed in an ISP datacenter) preferably using a web application or a simple text based utility I could access via SSH.
I have come across this tool:
http://www.red-bean.com/~mab/mpt-status.html
but I cannot get it to compile on my system, although I haven't done much else aside running make.

Thank you for your time and any further suggestions you may have,
Claudio
Hynes, C.
Occasional Advisor

Hi Prashant,

Here's an update regarding the mpt-status tool. I did manage to compile it, here's the output I get doing 'mpt-status -n -i 1'

ioc:0 vol_id:1 type:IM raidlevel:RAID-1 num_disks:2 size(GB):148 state: OPTIMAL flags: ENABLED
ioc:0 phys_id:1 scsi_id:9 vendor:ATA product_id:Maxtor 6L160M0 revision:1G10 size(GB):149 state: ONLINE flags: NONE sync_state: 100 ASC/ASCQ:0xff/0xff SMART ASC/ASCQ:0xff/0xff
ioc:0 phys_id:0 scsi_id:2 vendor:ATA product_id:Maxtor 6L160M0 revision:1G10 size(GB):149 state: ONLINE flags: NONE sync_state: 100 ASC/ASCQ:0xff/0xff SMART ASC/ASCQ:0xff/0xff
scsi_id:1 100%
scsi_id:0 100%

It's pretty much what I was looking for, except possibly wrapping a script around it to get periodic status reports.

Cheers,
Claudio
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have tried on windows like i posted earlier and it worked fine. I have no linux box to try on.

But FYI there is no tool from HP for same so stick for information on LSI you might get it.
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible