1752653 Members
5635 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

More than 1 Logical drive on RAID 1 Set

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

More than 1 Logical drive on RAID 1 Set

I am experiencing a problem where a logical disk will go missing within NT, but it is still available to the CR3500 config util. I have 4x 18.2GB and 2x36.4GB in the shared storage. I have configured the 4x18.2 as two RAID1 sets with one logical partition on both. I want to configure the 36.4GB drives as one RAID 1 set, but with two logical drives. Whenever I do this the problem occurs. If you start from scratch and create all the partitions in the CR3500 util, you can see it all in the CR3500 config util and also in Disk Admin. When you reboot, the NT partitions you assign to the two logical drives on the 36.4GB drives goes missing. They appear to NT as Remote Disks, yet when you go into the CR3500 config util the two logical drives are still there. If you create one logical drive on the 36.4GB using the CR3500 config util and assign an NT partition it works.
I have updated all firmware and SSD's. I have set Cluster to manual to prevent it from starting, just in case Cluster was conflicting. I have also applied the missing disk fix from MS. Has anyone else tried this type of config?
Rgds, Stuart