1752522 Members
4876 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Move drives to new DL360 Gen10 server - does not automatically boot to OS

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Move drives to new DL360 Gen10 server - does not automatically boot to OS

We had a server fail after atempting SPS firmware update and to get us back up and running, I moved the drives from the failed server to a spare we had.  After powering up the replacement server, it will not boot automatically to the OS.  Instead it boots to PXE.  If during boot, I select F11 and tell it to boot from the array, then it works.  But obvsiously the next time the server reboots it will hang at PXE.

Is there is something I need to do in the replacement server (either in the BIOS or the raid controller) to tell it to automatically boot to the OS, after moving the drives to it?

Thanks

NK

2 REPLIES 2
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Move drives to new DL360 Gen10 server - does not automatically boot to OS

Hello,

I hope all is well.

I would request to follow the below steps before move hard disks from one server to another server.

1. The server should be identical.

2. You should have the complete data backup before the movement of the hard disks.

3. SA controller should be the same.

4. Try to insert the hard should the same slot numbers.

5. Select the SA controller should be the first boot device.

6. Follow the below Gen10 user guide for your reference.

UEFI System Utilities User Guide for HPEProLiant Gen10, ProLiant Gen10 Plus Servers, and HPE Synergy (follow the page 86)

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00016407en_us

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: Move drives to new DL360 Gen10 server - does not automatically boot to OS

Hi @NJK-Work 

Enter into SSA and

Select Controller->Set bootable logical drive /volume->Select Bootable Logical Drive > 

Select the logical drive where OS installed->Set as Primary Bootable Device.

Save.

Reboot.

Should be fine.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo