1753599 Members
6625 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Multiple 3500 Array Controlers found

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Multiple 3500 Array Controlers found

When I boot up the Second Machine in after completely configuring the first node. The second node boots up and finds 15 3500 Array controlers and then isn't able to view the Array Drive. The first node is still able to communicate with the Array drive.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I experience the same problem, but I even can't config for the first node
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

What you are experiencing is caused by two things :

A. contention for ownership of the SCSI bus between the two nodes. Only one server is able to own the SCSI BUS

B. W2K mistakenly assumes that the CR3500 is a device which requires a driver to be bound to it -- this is not the case as the CR3500 is essentially a logical unit on the SCSI bus which operates at a lower level -- it operates off of the CPQ32FS2.sys driver.

RESOLUTION ::
1. Power everything down
2. Power up shared storage -- wait for it to initialize (blinking green light bulbs.
3. Power up ONLY ONE Node
4. Go into DevMan -- under other devices you will see the CR3500 -- update the driver to unknown manufacturer, unsupported device -- ignore the big warning screen
5. Do step 4. for both CR3500's (if you are redundant)
6. Reboot this node and insure that the has recognized that this is an unsupported device
7. Power down that node and repeat the steps 3-6 on the second node.
8. Once this is done -- with ONLY ONE node up -- install the Cluster Service
9. Power up the second node and join the cluster

If you have any further robs, give a call to the 1-800-OK-Compaq number -- ask to speak with the cluster team
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I spent 6 hours attempting to figure this out. It would have been great to have this on the driver site, where I was down loading/searching for how to fix the unrecognized device.