1753956 Members
7511 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Multiple Perfos warning 2012

Golosov Dmitry
Occasional Advisor

Multiple Perfos warning 2012

I have DL 580 G3 with Windows Server 2003 SP1 (all updates installed). All drivers and firmware are latest. An SQL Server 2000 SP4 is installed on this server. Periodically, once in 4 days appears an PerfOS warning 2012: Unable to get system process information from system. The status code returned is in the first DWORD in the Data section (data section: 0000: 9a 00 00 c0 ..├А). Then SNMP error 1501 (The SNMP Service encountered an error while setting up the incoming transports.\n The IP transport has been dropped out) occurs. when it happens a system become very unstable and can reboot unexpectedly. After reloading server begins work properly, but after 4 days all happens again.
Sismilar situation occurs on dl 360 G3, but more recently - approx. once in 2 month.
What can i do?
5 REPLIES 5
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Golosov Dmitry
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for answer, but i've seen article you've send and it doesn't help me. The error code in that article differs from mine.
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Dima,
even you have different error code I think you have similar problem.
"Periodically, once in 4 days..." means you problem most likely related to memory leak or something similar in some application.
You need to find out what process is eating up free pte's.
Matthijs Wijers_1
Trusted Contributor

I see you're running SQL on the box, do you have set the /3GB switch in boot.ini?

Is your pagefile large enough?

Regards,
Matthijs
Golosov Dmitry
Occasional Advisor

I have a large number of free PTEs and large size of pagefile. So, i think, there is no memory leak on server. On SQL Server a have AWE anabled, but i'll try to set /3GB switch. About results i'll write later.
Thank you for your answers.