ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752571 Members
5207 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Multiple drives failed. Possible to solve?

Stianand
Occasional Contributor

Multiple drives failed. Possible to solve?

I have a Smart Array P440ar that has multiple failed devices. Would this be possible to solve with replacing the failed drives? Or could there be something else wrong here?

Smart Array P440ar

Embedded Slot

Diagnostic Report Information

ADU Version 2.30.6.0
Diagnostic Module Version 8.3.6.0
Time Generated Thursday May 12, 2022 11:53:10AM

Top-Level Controller(s)

Smart Array P440ar in Embedded Slot

Consolidated Error Report

Smart Array P440ar in Embedded Slot : Physical Drive (1 TB SATA HDD) 1I:1:17 The physical drive has failed.
Smart Array P440ar in Embedded Slot : Physical Drive (1 TB SATA HDD) 1I:1:18 The physical drive has failed.
Smart Array P440ar in Embedded Slot : Physical Drive (1 TB SATA HDD) 1I:1:20 The physical drive has failed.
Smart Array P440ar in Embedded Slot : Logical Drive 2 Logical drive status: This logical drive has failed and cannot be used. All data on this logical drive has been lost.

2 REPLIES 2
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Multiple drives failed. Possible to solve?

System recommended content:

1. Using servicemag -log when there are multiple failed disks in an InServ

2. HP ProLiant DL380 G4 Storage Server - Logical Drive Failure Or Inaccessible

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: Multiple drives failed. Possible to solve?

Greetings!

From the error messages, it seems like the logical drive has failed. However please perform the following steps and check. 

1. Please boot the server to Intelligent Provisioning (F10) and click Perform Maintenance. Select HPE Smart Storage Administrator (HPE SSA) from the maintenance options.
2. Select the failed logical drive and then check if you see option to re-enable the logical drive. 
3. If no then, it could be RAID failure. You could log a support case to understand underlying issue for the RAID failure. 

I hope you have valid data backup. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo