1753454 Members
6371 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: My server dl360 g7 doesn't power on at all

setare
Frequent Advisor

My server dl360 g7 doesn't power on at all

Yesterday my server has a loud voice of working fan, it is louder than normal, but its software and application worked normally ok. The cooling system of server room was ok, touched the case it was normal cool. To get ride of it i shutdown it, and take the power cord separated, pass time for 1 hour, connect the power cable, but it didnt power on automatically, i pushed the amber power button, but no result., .
Left it till today.
Today i try again, but no result. When i connect the power cable The signs are:
1- the power button becomes amber,
2- fan of power module work,
3- nic leds are yellow green, seems normal,
4- but all of the system are off, no beep, no post
Procedure...
I test both the power box, chang with power module of another server, change the power cable, but no result. And do some simple test:
clean the battery,
clean all DIMM slot card,
check the cpu pins using magnifier ,
but no important point has been seen, no results.
I don't know what is the cause, appreciate any advise.
8 REPLIES 8
StorageMike
HPE Pro

Hi

Have you tried connecting to the server's iLO to see if there are any error messages?

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

• Check if the fans inside the server are functioning properly when the server is powered on. If not reseat or swap to isolate between the fan and slot.
  • Check the status of the LEDs on the HP System Insight Display for further troubleshooting. You may refer to the HP ProLiant DL360 G7 Server Maintenance and Service Guide, page 64 for explanation about the status of the LEDs therein and page 65 for troubleshooting the sever based on the LED combination.
  • If you are unable to isolate the issue, then attempt to clear the server's NVRAM.
  1. To do so, you will need to remove the power cords from the power supplies, remove the access panel, identify the system maintenance switch, and set switch position 6 to on and power on the server.
  2. You may refer to page 61 and page 63 for an explanation of the switch positions, in the above referenced guide for identifying the system maintenance switch on the system board.
  3. When the power cables are connected to the server with switch position 6 set to On the server erases all system configuration settings from both CMOS and NVRAM.
  4. When powered on with the switch position 6 set to On, if the issue is resolved, you would see a message stating that a system maintenance switch is turned on and you will need to power it off and then reset the switch.
  5. Reset the switch to its initial position and power on the server.
  • If the server is not still powering on, then reduce the server to base configuration.
  1. Have only the system fan modules, the processor installed and one memory module in Channel 1 slot A-3 for each installed processor, removing all other hardware components, power on the server.
  2. If the server successfully powers on, then add one component at a time and power on the server to isolate the faulty component.
  3. If the server does not power on, then swap memory module. If the issue is still not resolved, then the issue may be with the memory modules or memory slot (the system board) or the processor.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

setare
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Dear StoregeMike,
I haven't configure ilo port before, is it possible to connect to it now?
There isn't any point of life on it.
setare
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
I emphasis that after power cable connection just power button go to amber, nic leds get on yellow green, power module fan start( it doesn't have noise)
But No beep, no post procedure, no internal in front fans start.
I opened the case, but i cant find maintenance switch. It must be Near to SA controller. But i didn't find it. Is reseting its pin 6 is useful?
StorageMike
HPE Pro

Hi
If you've never used it before it should be set to DHCP, assuming you can plug it in to a DHCP server then you can connect via a browser using the ip allocated... The username and password should be attached to a label on the server

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

setare
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
I test pin 6 change, but no result, when it was ON, and connect server to power, no sound, no beep. And then power on the server with pin 6 to off state, but no result.
It seems that power is blocked, and can not go to board.
The rear led of power module is blank,
The SID panel at first time after power cable connection, some point blink, but INTER LOCK point get orange continuously, then get off.
I think that the most important thing is that why the power is not go to system. The voltage between GND and +12 of power module is 73 mv instead of 12 volt. But i change the power module with no result.
setare
Frequent Advisor

Hi all,
Any idea please!
setare
Frequent Advisor

Hi all,
I like to test by replacing the power backplane part with another one, hope to be low price.
Could it be removable?
I appreciate any advises.