108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: My server has Japanese ilo firmware. Best update path

SOLVED
Go to solution
StevePMiller
Occasional Contributor

My server has Japanese ilo firmware. Best update path

I have a dl360 G5 that ASR'ed last night.  The server came back up and I looked through the HP sys management logs, which gave a generic unknown ASR error.  It stayed up all day, so I figured I would make sure I could get to the ilo should it be needed.  When I get to the login page and beyond (I was able to login) everything was in Japanese characters.

So, my question is, can I update from english Windows 2003 or try another way?  Not sure if the english ilo windows driver would cause an issue.  Could that have caused the ASR?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: My server has Japanese ilo firmware. Best update path

Hi,

you may have installed the iLO language pack

Language packs enable you to easily switch the iLO web interface from English to a supported language of your choice. Language packs currently provide translations for the iLO web interface,.NET IRC, and Java IRC.

refer to iLO 4 guide for more info:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03334051/c03334051.pdf

You should have supported iLO firmware and windows regional support enabled. 

iLO driver (english) should not have any issue. I guess its just a interface.  driver system files are the same infact driver executable file name (for example : cp018568.exe ) is same for both the languages.

hope this helps,

How to say thanks... Click on STAR KUDOS!

cheers!

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo