ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753886 Members
7519 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: My server not able to boot properly. How can i see save errors on console ILO

Techsystemquery
Advisor

My server not able to boot properly. How can i see save errors on console ILO

I am using ILO 1.4

on console i can see some errors related disk. since its going fast i cannot take a snapshot of each. how can save to a to file or can see the errors that running down console
7 REPLIES 7
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Re: My server not able to boot properly. How can i see save errors on console ILO

> My server [...]

What, exactly, is "My server"?

> on console [...]

What, exactly, is "console"?

Many people connect a terminal emulator to
use as a serial console terminal, and then
have the terminal emulator save the console
session (transcript) to a file.

My psychic powers are too weak to tell me
what hardware and software you have to work
with, so it's hard to make any specific
suggestions.
nightwich
Valued Contributor

Hi Techsystemquery

Have you have only access true ILO console ??

You cannot do a telnet/rlogin/ssh session to the server ???

If yes you can easily consult the syslog of the machine.

Regards,
Techsystemquery
Advisor

Its ProLiant DL380 G3 server. We use ILO IP address to connect to ILO administative window.
nightwich
Valued Contributor

Hi Techsystemquery

What is your O.S. Linux, hpux, solaris ??

Your O.S. is with problems, and you can't login to the server ??.

We need more useful information to help you.

Regards.
Techsystemquery
Advisor

My question on console i can see some errors while i am rebooting. since these error are going away from screen(console) i am not able identify wat was that error.

If the server was up i was able to check from logs. Here the case server is not up and i need to collect or copy or snapshot of ILO console.

Server is linux
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Connect to iLO with SSH and try the two commands 'VSP' or 'REMCONS' while having logging enabled on your SSH client.
Techsystemquery
Advisor

Thanks all