5545 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NC Series Multifunction Driver error

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

NC Series Multifunction Driver error

Hi All,
We have a DL365 G1 running Windows 2003 SP2 64Bit.
We have Exchange installed on this server.
After updating to PSP 7.90 we found that two Exchange Services failed at start up. In addition we found a netlogon (ID 5719) error and a couple indicating issues connecting to the NTP Service.
We can subsequently start the Exchange Services okay. Oddly enough if we enable WINS then the services start okay at boot time.

I reverted the NC Multifunction driver from the PSP supplied 3.4.10.0 to the previous 3.0.7.0 and the problems go away.
We retested this on a server that has only the OS installed and still see errors with the later version of the driver. Found a 3.4.10.0B but that behaves the same.

My guess is the later version of the driver is taking too long to start and causing dependent services to fail. Possibly enabling WINS just adds an extra lookup that again takes time so the NIC is available in time.

Anyone seen similar?
2 REPLIES 2
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Rob,

My best guess would be the addition of the KMDF (Kernel Mode Driver Family) in the Later 2 versions. As they have been added as a FUTURE compatibility for windows Server 2008;

QUOTING "KMDF drivers require additional co-installer files WUDFUpdate_01005.dll and WdfCoInstaller01005.dll to be present. These files are included in the distribution and landed in Windows System32 folder during the Smart Start Installer execution."

I am not sure, how this effects; But sure seems like it.

Regards.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Reported to HP and there's a known issue with this version of the driver.
The current workaround is to revert to the previous version of the driver - we went back to version 3.0.7.0