1752754 Members
4491 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

NC107i PCIe Gigabit Server Adapter Driver / Disable PXE Boot

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

NC107i PCIe Gigabit Server Adapter Driver / Disable PXE Boot

I have a ProLiant ML150G6 with an NC107i PCIe Gigabit Server Adapter. I have Windows Server 2019 installed.

I'm wondering which driver I should be using: The most recent HP Broadcom 1Gb Driver for Windows Server x64 Editions driver that names this specific adapter in the list of supported adapters is 16.8.0.4(30 Mar 2015). Here is a link: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_be20632f280a4f5d8951c4544d. The next newer version is 17.0.0.3(15 Jun 2015) and it does not name this specific adapter in the list of supported adapters.

Is there a way to disable PXE boot on this adapter?

Thank you.

HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Intel® Xeon® E5504
3 REPLIES 3
bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

Re: NC107i PCIe Gigabit Server Adapter Driver / Disable PXE Boot

I installed 16.8.0.4 and it seems to be working fine.

Does anyone know how to disable PXE boot on this device?

NareshISS
HPE Pro

From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Network Options > Network Boot Options > PCIe Slot Network Boot and press Enter. Select a PCIe slot entry and press Enter. Select a setting and press Enter. PXE Boot—Enables PXE boot. Disabled—Disables PXE boot. Press F10.

Most bios settings have options for integrated network chip
Network card On / off
Boot pxe on / off

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for the reply. I found the setting in the RBSU, "Embedded NIC Port PXE", which I disabled. Now the option to change the settings no longer appears during boot.