1748108 Members
4977 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NC3163 Network Adpater

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

NC3163 Network Adpater

Windows 2000 still detects and activates the onboard NC3163 when I install Windows 2000 server, even though I disable the adapter during the SMARTstart phase. This is causing problems with the unattended installation as it applies the IP settings to that adapter instead of the NC3134 I want to use. I also see the same problem on ML370s

Any way round this ?

Chris O'Neill
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: NC3163 Network Adpater

I have had similar problems with the DL360 and SMARTSTART. The DL360 has dual integrated NC3163 and the second controller always came up first and applied the settings I gave to it. My only solution was to use Manual Assist mode of SmartStart. Plus doing this allows me to let the W2K install create my large boot partitions >4095. SmartStart in AUTO mode puts the disk partition in non-extended <4096. In the W2K install make sure to select custom settings when it comes time to setup the network otherwise you'll experience the same problem. In my case the second controller still comes up, but now I can uncheck the protcol(s)/service(s) running on that controller (don't uninstall otherwise they will be uninstalled on the other controllers as well), then go on the next one which happens to be the first controller.