5105 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NC7770 BASFND error on WinNT

Daphne_4
Occasional Contributor

NC7770 BASFND error on WinNT

Dear support,

The DL580G2 configures with 3 x NC7770 nic cards running Winnt. When we run the health check, it will have the Event ID: 7000 error "The BASFND service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." It has the latest driver 7.30.73x. I tried to uninstall teaming driver since it is not required. However, the teaming driver seem to be embedded in the network driver which cannot be uninstall with uninstalling the network driver. Please advise how to fix this problem

We have inserted the NC7770 cards Slot 4,5 and 6. From the NT Network TCP/IP protocol, it is found that the binding orders are as follows:

Slot 5's NC7770 - Binding [1] in TCP/IP protocol
Slot 6's NC7770 - Binding [2] in TCP/IP protocol
Slot 4's NC7770 - Binding [3] in TCP/IP protocol

We would like to know why the binding orders are generated like this, and also if there is any way to change the binding orders. For example

Slot 6's NC7770 - Binding [1] in TCP/IP protocol
Slot 5's NC7770 - Binding [2] in TCP/IP protocol
Slot 4's NC7770 - Binding [3] in TCP/IP protocol
or
Slot 4's NC7770 - Binding [1] in TCP/IP protocol
Slot 5's NC7770 - Binding [2] in TCP/IP protocol
Slot 6's NC7770 - Binding [3] in TCP/IP protocol

Thanks,

Daphne
3 REPLIES 3
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

One things i can suggest is
Psp should be latest on server.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Daphne,

I would have expected them to be detected in slot order 6-5-4 by default due to the PCI scan process on the DL580G2 (See attachment). I'm guessing that this must be a Windows O/S issue.

If I can find out more I'll post it here. As far as re-arranging things, especially in NT4 networks I think you've got little chance but others may know better.

Regards,

Brian
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Daphne,

Out of curiosity, have you thought of trying the Broadcom drivers rather than the Compaq ones? The NC7770 uses the Broadcom BCM5701H chipset and they provide their own drivers for this at the following link.

http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php

Regards,

Brian