1752810 Members
5717 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NDIS / Packet driver for NC7780

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

NDIS / Packet driver for NC7780

The NDIS2 driver fails to initialize on the NC7780 in my DL360 G2.

I've tried the ones from SP19761.exe and when loading the driver, I get a message: can't find adapter. The setupgig.exe from SP19762.exe doesn't find the either NC7780. The nic drivers do load in Win2K server though, and seem to function fine (copying files/ running lan apps). I've got 2 identical DL360 G2's and both fail on the NDIS2 driver.

Any suggestions? Any other driver I need to try? I want a NDIS or packet driver for the NC7780 because I would like to use Symantec's ghost to clone the server.
7 REPLIES 7
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have a customer experiencing the same problem with the N1000.dos driver. Has this problem been resolved?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have used SP19661 with some success. However I have not found a way to manually adjust the link speed or duplex. This has forced me to use a gig network. Using these drivers doesn't seem to allow the NIC to auto negotiate.

If you have found any other way please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem. I even tried the multi-nic utility and got the same errors. We use msclient boot disks along with the scripting toolkit and unattended installs to build all of our servers so I desperately need this to work Has anyone found a solution yet? Thx.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hey. Same issue. None of the of drivers in SP19761.exe work with the system. However, I have used SP19661.exe to connect to my Windows 2000 shares to download the build The problem is that my automated build supports over 30 company approved servers using xxx.DOS drivers. Can anyone tell me if using Q57.com (SP19761.exe using this driver) is the only way to get these servers up and running in DOS? It would be nice to find a work around so that my BAT files do not have to chance that much.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We are hearing from ISSG that a DOS driver for the NC7770 and 7780 NICs is in beta testing and will be released as a SoftPaq in a few weeks.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That is correct. The New NDIS drivers were not released with SP19761. They are being released in the next Pack. The driver is Q57.dos. i have obtained same thru ISSG as a pre-release. If u need same, email me at neerajt@hotmail.com
Lucien Menard

I have tried the Q57 driver when I needed to ghost with a broadcom gigabit based nic but it failed. You are better off going to this site and using the B57 driver. http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/