1753816 Members
8104 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NIC Agents

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

NIC Agents

I've installed insight agents 4.80 on a numerous 6500's running nt 4.0 Enterprise Edition with Cluster sw. The NICs installed are Intel 3122 10/100 dual port cards. Each of the nodes of each cluster displays nic agent warnings that state this: unable to open registry subkey "CPQNIC\Ethernet\Statistics." This is caused by a corrupt registry or a low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct thsi error. Rebooting does not fix the problem. These warning are filling up the event logs.

thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: NIC Agents

Try removing the Insight Manager NIC Information Agent from within Control Panel, Compaq Management Agents. Close that applet and then reopen it and add the agent back. This should correct the registry issue.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I'm experiencing the same identical problems with one of the servers here at the office. I removed the insight manager NIC information agent from the compaq management agents in the control panel, closed the app, re opened it and added the
agent back in. Unforntunatly I'm still recieveing the event warnings in my event logs spaced exactly 2 minutes apart.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am also having this problem. I tried both removing and readding the NIC card drivers and the agents as suggested by the Compaq tech. Neither sol;ved the problem.
This error message begins 20 minutes after the machine is booted and repeats every 2 minutes thereafter.
- I am having this problem on a DL380. Compaq, please provide a solution as soon as possible. Thanks.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I've installed insight agents 4.80 on a numerous 6500's running nt 4.0, in some of then the problen did not accourd. after reading this massage and the replay from the Compaq tech sopprt ( I tryed to do the steps that he segested but it didnt worked out ) so i explored the same registry entry on a diferent server and the diference is only the "Statistics" key. to fix the problem i decided to do the following:

1. open regedit in the specific server.
2. stop the NIC Agent.
2. delete the CPQNIC entry.
3. import the same entry from another server with the same configuration.
5. start the NIC Agent.

the problem was fixed.