1751723 Members
5602 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NIC Care issues

StevePMiller
Occasional Contributor

NIC Care issues

I have a proliant DL380 G5 that I am trying to install a NC510F multifunction Nic card in.
Have tried several times to install the driver without success. When checking the BIOS I noticed that the card isn't being recognized correctly.
The system sees the following:
PCI Slot 5 - Unknown PCI Device
PCI Slot 5 - SCSI Mass Storage Controller

The integrated Nics are seen correctly as nics/iscsi devices.

Is there a jumper setting that I need to change. The BIOS is at the latest version.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: NIC Care issues

hi

Which OS? windows?

if so what do you get in Device manager?
unknown device?

which drivers have you tried so far?

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
StevePMiller
Occasional Contributor

Karlos, Thanks for the reply. Its running Windows 2003 Enterprise. I have tried the latest downloadable driver (3.4.336.5599) and the previous version (3.4.263.4262). I also tried using the proliant support pack.
Windows shows it as several unknown devices in device manager (Ethernet Controller, Network and Computing Encryption/Decryption controller, PCI Device, and SCSI Controller), but if I go under "system information" - components - network - adapter it does see the card correctly, at least by name/model.
When I try to install the driver it says "The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/hardware doesn't apply to this system."
Could it be bad hardware?
ChristoP

I have a similar issue with a NC7170.

The new NIC requires the following driver: ├в NC-Series Intel Driver for Windows 2003 x64├в . Installing same gives me the following message:
├в The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system.├в

New NIC under Other devices as not functioning and requiring a driver update.

I think the problem is that we already have a driver installed (and I updated same to verify if the new NIC might pick up on the driver): ├в NC-Series Broadcom 1GB Driver for Windows Server 2003 x64├в , version 11.7.0.0. This is used by the build-in ports identified as HP NC7782.

Just a note, we are using Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 SP2 on this server is an AMD Opteron.