108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NIC Problems - please help

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

NIC Problems - please help

Ok i got questions

1) Can i team together a NC3163 built in adapter and a NC3123 PCI adpater
because it works for a little while then the card adapter i added drops off and blocks the other card from Transmitting very strange -

2) Error 515 in the Nt event Log - "Compaq NIC agents : Unable to open registry subkey "cpqnic\ethernet\statistics - cause low memory or corrupr registy"

how can i get rid of this message?

thanks,
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: NIC Problems - please help

Hello,
Please make sure that you have the latest System BIOS and the Support Paq. If you need further assistance in the matter please contact our Technical support Team at 1-800-652-6672.

Regards,
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: NIC Problems - please help

Hello neilmacc,

Looks like you got the de facto anecdotal reply from Compaq - please ignore that suggestion it wasn't really thought out :-)

Anyway, I found the solution, this problem has been nagging me for awhile, especially since we trap on Warning and Error events in the System Log.

Essesntially, Registry keys and values are missing from the CPQ NIC Agent Service, which from my experience is not anuncommon occurrance when installing/upgrading CPQ Software.

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\CPQNicMgmt, the CPQNICS sub-key is missing. This must be the key for a Teamed Configuration. I suspect if the NIC Agents are running when the Team is created, the Registry might not get updated, but I haven't tested this.

You can check a known good server in your environment to verify, which is what I did.

Manually update the registry and restart the Compaq NIC Agent service and the warnings should go away!!!