1753779 Members
7594 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NIC teaming?

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

NIC teaming?

I'm just wondering how I can team the two in-built NICs in the DL360. I've been using the CPQANS driver, however, when I try to issue the statement CPQANS COMMIT MODE=ALB it says that it needs a server adapter. I can successfully add both the NICs to the team, the first one being the primary, and the second one being the secondary, and when I do a CPQANS STATUS it says that both NICs are in the team. I understand that you need to do a commit to get it all happening though? Am I right? Is there another way of getting it happening? ANy help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks heaps,
Kent.
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: NIC teaming?

Try the EEPROM update for the NIC from the driver update page, it should fix it.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi Mike,

I did the EEPROM update but in Netware it still reports the NIC as not being a server adapter. Would you have any other ideas?
Cheers
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem with my DL360. I've been working on this issue for a couple days, off and on. I haven't been able to figure it out. Did you find a resolution to your problem?
Thank you!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Is this error occurring with the use of the CPQANS Compaq Nic Teaming utility? If so try this fix.

This error is known to be encountered when at least one member of the NIC team is an embedded server NIC and N100.LAN version 6.36 is being used.

The embedded adapters (Intel chipset with WOL) on several models of Proliant servers are not being recognized by the new N100.LAN driver due to a bit that is not set on the NIC adapters EEPROM which correctly identifies itself as a server NIC to the new N100.LAN driver.

There is a utility called NICPROM.EXE which has been released in SoftPaq form and can be ran on the server to properly set the bit which the new N100.LAN is expecting to be set. The following is the information on the SoftPaq file:
SP17906.EXE ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp17501-18000/sp17906.exe 166K August 6, 2001
TITLE: Compaq Server embedded NIC EEPROM identifies the NIC properly as a Server NIC.
VERSION: 1.00 Rev. A
LANGUAGE: English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Servers that the System I/O board supports WOL; DL320 DL360 DL380 ML330 ML350 ML370 CL380
SUPERSEDES: N/A

Another workaround is to downgrade N100.LAN to version 5.75.

Give it a try!

Regards