New Discussion юеВ

NMI Errors on DL580 G2

Stephen Rees

NMI Errors on DL580 G2

HP Proliant DL580 G2

Hello

I'm trying to install Windows 2000 Adv Server to two new DL580s
Spec:-
4GB Ram (8 X 512) - Shipped with 2GB (4 X 512)
4 X Xeon 2.8 Processors - Shipped with 2 cpus
All the memory and processors have been detected on boot up with no errors.
I have started the install with Smart Start 6.4, and have got to the GUI part of W2K install. BOTH servers stop at this point with a blue screen and the error

***Hardware Malfunction Call your hardware vendor for Support NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error *** This System has halted***

I have checked all memory is exactly the same - it is, I have reduced memory to original configuration of 2GB and get the same error.
An internal light within the machine goes amber the light is number 32 as indicated by the diagram on the outside casing, which is the Non-Maskable Interrupt (NMI) Switch.

I have upgraded ROM to
version 4.07 P27-11/18/2003-(21 Jan 04) but this has not solved the error.

I have seen that a solution suggested previously for the same error on a different model was to lower memory to 1GB or less. This is not an option in my case as the memory has to be installed in banks of 4, thus my lowest config is 2GB.

If anyone can help I'd be most grateful

Thanks

Stephen
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: NMI Errors on DL580 G2

Hello Stephen,
Please reseat your array controller. Also use another version of smart start CD if you have access to it.

Regards,
Stephen Rees

Thanks for the advice.

I have re-seated the card, and tried another CD but unfortunately get the same error.

Is it possible that we have a bad set of memory, even though the POST recognises without any problems? Just to re-iterate the problems do not start until W2K start to install in GU mode.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Stephen,
Yes it is possible. Could you also tell me as to which type fo array controller do you have. The system board in your server could be bad as well. Please post the S.N of your server or email it to me at sunil.jerath@hp.com

Regards,