ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748286 Members
3456 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NMI Errors on two different DL320's

Josef Frelin

NMI Errors on two different DL320's

Okay. Here's one for the group. I have two DL320's in physical seperate locations running Cisco Voice Software on them. All of a sudden, they started crashing at random times. (complete stop response). I picked out NMI errors in both of the event logs. I've replaced all the memory with brand new sticks, changed the config around with the mem on both machines, and I still have the problem. I just can't figure out why two machines seperated started to have the same problem EXACTLY.

I've up'ed the bios to the newest on both of them with still no luck.

I've moved working HD and Mem from another DL-320 into the suspect one and I still get the problem so I know it's not the OS.

Ideas?

It is a Model DL320R01.

-jjf-
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Josef,
If have updated the support pack to 6.40 then backrev it to 6.20 because there is an issue with 6.40 giving some false warnings. Also if you are using an array controller then make sure that the firmware is updatodate of those Smart Array controllers.

Regards,
chris_505
Advisor

NMI errors can be cause by the bios-option PCI ERR# function.
If one of the PCI-devices returns an error, you generally get a NMI parity error/memory....
A workaroudn is disabling the PCI ERR# checking in the bios.
Are you by any chance using US Robotics wirelesscards?
chris_505
Advisor

NMI errors can be cause by the bios-option PCI ERR# function.
If one of the PCI-devices returns an error, you generally get a NMI parity error/memory....
A workaroudn is disabling the PCI ERR# checking in the bios.
Are you by any chance using US Robotics wirelesscards?
Also check this out :
http://simone.seeto.com/NMI_error/index.html