ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751765 Members
5109 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NMI: Parity Check/ Memory Parity Error, not a RAM issue.

Connoley
Occasional Advisor

NMI: Parity Check/ Memory Parity Error, not a RAM issue.

On a couple of my DL360 G6's and DL380 G6's, I get this Blue Screen error. All of the hardware test out fine, and the firmware is updated. Any suggestions or insight would be much appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

what is precise error
are all firmwares upto date # and drivers

what errors in iml log
Connoley
Occasional Advisor

The drivers and firmware were updated after the Blue Screen occurred on one machine and before the Blue Screen occurred on another machine. So, there is no correlation there. I did not see this error show up in the logs. However, I have found that going into the BIOS and disabling the No-Execute Memory Protection setting under the processor options makes the Blue Screen stop appearing.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Connoley
Occasional Advisor

The link might prove to be useful. I look into it further.
Connoley
Occasional Advisor

I found the solution to this problem. According to HP, who was able to confirm this with Intel, there is the ├в No-Execute Memory Protection├в option in the BIOS that was designed to work in conjunction with Windows Server 2008. If the option is enabled while running Server 2003, it may return a blue screen, ├в NMI: Parity Check/ Memory Parity Error├в as soon as it reaches Windows after the boot. The HP rep said that we should disable the option on all of the new servers until we decide to upgrade to Server 2008 or later.
Connoley
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help Mark. I can officially close the case on this particular Blue Screen.