ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1747997 Members
4711 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NMI Problems with ML350 G4

NMI Problems with ML350 G4

Hi,
i have a NMI problem with this Server Model,and i can´t resolve.

I already make the following procedures:

- Rom update for the last version.
- Change the system board.

But the NMI error continue to appear.

I put the 641 controller and all the disks in a ML350 G3 and it seems to work with no problem until i put again all the disks and controller on ML350 G4 then the NMI error appear again.

Thanks
David

4 REPLIES 4
MMurfster
Frequent Advisor

Tough to diagnose. Those errors can be generated with faulty memory, leaking capacitors (but you've already replaced the board...), power problems, SMP issues, PPM's. I've only seen 1 real NMI error and it was due to a bad stick of ECC DDR. I would use the SmartStart CD and run the HP Insight Diagnostics Offline (unless of course you can't even get it to boot past the post).

I already do that, the smart start diagnostics don´t report any problem.

I already make a stress test to I/O, CPU, etc.

But to me the NMI error never appear, but in the moment that i put the server in production the NMI error appears.

This is so strange.

Thank you for your help

Regards.
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

"I put the 641 controller and all the disks in a ML350 G3 and it seems to work with no problem until i put again all the disks and controller on ML350 G4 then the NMI error appear again."

This means: The error is not on teh Storage Subsystem, it is somewhere in the rest of teh server, more specificaly, RAM, CPU and SB, most propably on the RAM

---

0- Check memory configuration on RBSU and that your OS version supports it..

1- Get compatible memory from another compatible server and swap it on sets, test both servers and identify a failing dim or set.

2- If no failing dims are identifies, proceed in the same way with CPUs.

3- If no failing CPUs are identified, replace the System Board.

Microsoft Link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/101272/en-us

Pradip Chakrabarti
Frequent Advisor

Hi

I would suspect system board still, seems like you have received a faulty system board.

You can check the system in minimum system configuration( minimum RAM, removing add-on cards).

Best Regards
Pradip